Are you missing all of your teeth? Have you been using traditional dentures? Are you tired of the problems you can often encounter with traditional dentures?
Dr. Barrett of Barrett Dental Care can offer you a fabulous solution that we think you will love!
The denture options we are offering are called dental implant supported dentures. A dental implant is a small titanium rod that is placed in your jawbone. Once the rods have fused and healed, usually 3-6 months, the dental implant becomes a “new” tooth root. Onto this dental implant tooth root, Dr. Barrett places a dental crown, which restores the dental implant and creates a “new” tooth. A dental implant is remarkably sturdy and you will probably have it the rest of your life.
Dental Implant-Supported Dentures have many advantages over traditional dentures.
- Dental implant supported dentures are rock solid and will hold your denture apparatus in place without any of the troubles you may have encountered with traditional dentures, such as: slipping, clicking or falling out.
- Dental implant supported dentures are permanently connected to the dental implants and crowns, so they don’t require any messy, sticky adhesive to adhere to your gums.
- Dental implant supported dentures lay right next to your gums comfortably so do not rub or chafe against your gums as traditional dentures sometimes can.
- There are two types of dental implant supported dentures. One, permanent dentures are secured permanently and only can be removed by the dentist. Removable dental implant supported dentures are something like a retainer and click on and off. Both dental implant supported denture types are very sturdy and look, feel and function like natural teeth.
- Both dental implant supported denture types have far fewer food restrictions than traditional denture wearers.
- Dental implant supported dentures don’t require the care and upkeep of traditional dentures.
To give you a beautiful, functional, fabulous smile, call Dr. Barrett today!